Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Shhh/Peaceful

It's nights like this that quiet the mind. Indian summer night, less traffic than usual, gentle breeze blowing through the half-opened windows. Nights like this make my ears pine for hushed, reserved jazz. The best way to appreciate it? Definitely on vinyl... the sound is just soooo warm. I freely admit to being a slave to the digital age, having shelves full of CDs, and a hard drive full of MP3s. Lately, I just feel the need to seek out more and more on classic wax... not that this, by any means, is a new venture for me... let's just say that I'm re-committing myself to the search...

Finding a beautiful vinyl copy of John Coltrane's Blue Trane today intensified my need for some peaceful, serene jazz. Enjoy these Indian summer nights... and this mix...



Shhh/Peaceful Mix - September 9, 2009:


"Blue and Sentimental" - Ike Quebec - Blue and Sentimental

"Carolyn" - Hank Mobley - No Room for Squares

"Idle Moments" - Grant Green - Idle Moments

"Body and Soul" - Freddie Hubbard - Here To Stay

"Blues To Elvin" - John Coltrane - Coltrane Plays The Blues

"Dolphin Dance" - Herbie Hancock - Maiden Voyage

"Out of the Night" - Joe Henderson - Page One

"Plum Blossom" - Yusef Lateef - Eastern Sounds

"Virgo" - Wayne Shorter - Night Dreamer

"Ernie's Tune" - Dexter Gordon - The Classic Blue Note Recordings

"Night Flower" - Donald Byrd - Free Form

"In A Silent Way" - Miles Davis - The Complete In A Silent Way Sessions



Good Night, All...

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed the Virgo track today. Thaks for the post.

    ReplyDelete